The Arai GP-5W helmet was designed for drivers in closed cockpit sports cars, stock cars and club racers that wanted an Arai helmet with a larger eyeport than what was available in the market. Since its inception the GP-5W has become an absolute favorite of drivers world wide.
With a design based off of the Arai GP-5 helmet the GP-5W boasts a large 90mm eyeport for maximum visibility with an application specific shield. This helmet is also available with an optional peak visor ideal for rally racing or inside a close cockpit racecar.
Just like the Arai GP-6S the 5W is constructed using Arai's "cLc" or Complex Laminated Construction to preserve the helmet's light weight design and maintain optimum strength and flexibility.
The 5W was the first Arai auto racing helmet to come with removable cheek pads
that allow you to customize the fit of the helmet.
The GP-5W helmet comes with SA2015 certification. This means that the helmet has factory installed HANS M6 terminals to allow for easy HANS post installation.
- The largest eyeport in the Arai range is found on the GP-5W allowing for maximum visibility while in the car.
- The GP-5W requires specific shields, tear offs and pivot kits that are not interchangeable with the 6 series of helmets.
- Two closeable intake vents up front and two closeable exhaust vents in back allow for customization of airflow throughout the helmet.
- The GP-5W uses the new HANS SAH standard with factory installed M6 terminal internal in the helmet for proper post anchor installation
- FIA 8859-2015 & Snell SA2015 Certification