The Team Valhalla 360 Plus Device is a unique and safer approach for filling the requirement of wearing a neck collar. The molded, glass filled nylon core piece, along with the firm chin foam parts, provides a stable platform for helping control the movement of driver's head when needed. The major issues that the 360 Plus Device helps limit are front and rear hyper-flexion and extreme lateral motion. This is all accomplished while still allowing the driver unrestricted rotation of the head to look over the shoulder for oncoming karts.
Sizing Instructions: Using a tape measure, measure around the driver's neck to determine the neck size. Find the size on the chart below that is the best match for your measurement.
- Frontal hyper-flexion is reduced by the front of the helmet coming in contact with the firm foam pieces of the device under the driver's chin. These components are constructed of foam that is much denser than the normal neck collar currently worn by drivers.
- The vertical braces of the core piece, located behind the driver's helmet, helps control the rear hyper-flexion. The helmet coming into contact with the upper vertical brace, located directly behind the driver's head, reduces backward movement. This engagement then transfers the energy to lower vertical brace located against the driver's back.
- Extreme lateral motion of a driver's head is minimized when the helmet comes into contact with the device. While not hindering the driver swiveling his/her head from side to side, the device provides a robust platform for the helmet to rest against as in a roll over situation.
- This is all accomplished while still allowing the driver unrestricted rotation of the head to look over the shoulder for oncoming karts.
- The foam pieces under the chin of the driver are much stiffer than the foam used in other neck collars that are currently available to the driver now. The denser foam allows for better control of the helmet movement. The 360 Plus Device is designed with foam parts in the front, verses plastic, to help minimize potential injury to the throat area if forced backward.
- Designed break away feature. In the bizarre event that something should hook inside the Device, the 360 Plus Device is designed to break away so that the potential for serious neck injury is reduced.
- The foam pieces are also adjustable - laterally, front to rear - to adjust for the different chest thicknesses of drivers.
- The 360 Plus Device is designed for kart racing only.
- The 360 Plus Device weighs in at only 1.50 lbs.
- Approved for use by WKA and IKF